Anatolian Shepherds Page

Friday, May 15, 2009

HAPPY NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP DAY!

Yep, in addition to being my birthday, May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Day! So to celebrate I am going to post a really yummy Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe that my daughter is making me for my birthday! Well I think you should make these at your house. And, sing Happy Birthday to me! Remember the candles! And hats... and streamers! Oh, and a banner!

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES

1 c. butter, melted
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. Hershey's cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. Chocolate Chips
1/2 c. chopped nuts (opt.)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease square pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches. In large mixing bowl blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, using spoon, beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually blend into egg mixture. Stir in Chocolate Chips and nuts, if desired. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool.

About 32 brownies.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY!! I am going to try these. I am originally from Spokane and hope to move back next year and take my blog back home LOL Very nicely done here on this blog, love the descriptions of everyone in the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete