Anatolian Shepherds Page

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Needing? A Greenhouse














It happens to me every year. I get to this point in the season, and I wish, desire, NEED a greenhouse (or two.) But we also have too many things working against us. Too many "needs." Now I put the word need in parenthesis because I truly do not have any needs. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and clothing to wear. I AM thankful for what I have. God IS taking care of me. So is it truly a need? Well, no. And, I understand that.

But I keep thinking about what I could do with a greenhouse that would really be a blessing to others, as well as myself and my family:

- Have enough starts to grow extra food and flowers on our property, for needy families to gleen. (Beautiful flowers are important to the needy, too!)
- Have enough starts to sell extras to local families at reasonable prices.
- Have enough starts that our garden is more affordable.
- Each year the greenhouse would help pay for itself (amortization.)

Anyway, that is some of the ways I can justify my desire (not need) of a greenhouse (or two.)

I desire the biggest that Ziggy's can deliver on-site (8' X 16'). We need the extra stability because of the spring winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment