Anatolian Shepherds Page

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Garbanzo, Tomato and Pesto Salad

Garbanzo, Tomato and Pesto Salad

4 Tomatoes
1 heaping Tablespoons Basil Pesto
3 can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
Parmesan or Romano Cheese (or anything you have)

Toss a pile of chopped tomatoes with some pesto, stir in 3 cans of garbanzo beans (rinse them first), sprinkle on some freshly grated parmesan or pecorino romano, and in less than two minutes you'll be digging into a scrumptious and healthy salad.

I've decided to put this on my blog, because we make this so often. I think it is like heaven in a dish. I love each of the ingredients separately or together. I'd make a terrible vegetarian, but I definitely could eat this several times a week. I'm going to experiment with garbanzo beans in my garden this year. It is one of my favorite beans.

From Farmgirl Fare's Blog.

1 comment: