Anatolian Shepherds Page

Monday, February 16, 2009

20 lbs of Bananas!

I got bananas! .18/lb. at the Grand Opening of our new WinCo store last week. I went twice to get my allowed 10 lb. limit so now I have lots of bananas for eating and...

Banana Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup flax seed, grounded
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1-1/2 cup brown sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
4-2/3 cups mashed very overripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350°.

Lightly grease two 9 x 5 loaf pans.

In large bowl, combine flour, ground flax seed, soda and salt.

In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.

Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

SERVES 24 , 2 9x5 loaf

Note: The original recipe was found on the internet, but it only made one loaf. I never make one loaf at a time, cause quick breads freeze so well, and it wastes oven heat. I’ve also tweaked this recipe enough that it is now my own.

Makes loaf, mini-loaf, muffins, mini-muffins, or bundt cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment